Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Huch Decorated by Goodwill

It's been awhile since I've shown you my home and some of my Goodwill finds.


Here's a picture of our dining room at Christmas time.....


This year I decided to hang our Christmas stockings up on the hutch...
but I didn't like it at all...too cluttered....


Here's how it looks now...
I love the uncluttered look so much better....
and would you believe everything was found at Goodwill?
Everything but the plates in the middle.


It all began with one duck ironstone
and then another...


and then I had to start being picky...because there were a few
that were the same as what I already had..
I got the turkey ironstone from an auction,
it came with a gravy boat which I ruined in the dishwasher.....


I've even found the platters at Goodwill...
I'm still looking for more of those...they seem to be harder to find...

Okay, I have a cow creamer in the duck collection...
I love her too!

I also have a collection of  ironstone coffepots and pitchers that
I've put away.....all from Goodwill....
I've thought about re-opening my Etsy store and selling them...
but it's hard to part with them, you know what I mean, right?


I also got this soup tureen from Goodwill, in great shape for just a couple of dollars..
and I've put several more away...

Now I just need to figure out the top of my hutch...
I seem to struggle with decorating this area...
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you know that I'm also on Facebook?
Linking to these parties....
Metamorphis Monday
Have a great week!

22 comments:

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Your hutch is so pretty! Isn't it amazing what we find at GW. I just love that store, and have found some really great finds. You are so lucky in all your duck ironstone finds! Your soup tureen is so nice, and you have the ladle, how lucky is that! I have several tureens but no ladle. I think the cow creamer is to appropriate among the ducks. I like the birds? you have on top, but can't see the bottom of them. So lovely. Thanks for sharing your creativeness at Sunday's Best.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love the duck ironstone, I've never seen one though at GW.
Get out about three of the soup tureens that you put away and put them on top of your hutch, see if you like it...that's what I did. GW can sure be amazing sometimes:)

Unknown said...

You are a thrifting ace! I love the white theme. Sticking with it keeps everything calm and easy on the eye. Gotta love the GW Store!!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Terry, I want to shop at your Goodwill! Nice finds! I like your hutch the way it is now. I need to take some of the stuff off of my hutch because there is just too much on it....

Barbara Jean said...

Terry,
LOVE your beautiful hutch.

blessings
barbara jean

Blessings from Cindy said...

Terry~
Everything looks so nice & tidy! I had to laugh because I used to have that exact soup Tureen! Don't 'cha love Goodwill!??!
Blessings,
Cindy

Crafty Mischief said...

Your new hutch is beautiful!

Amanda said...

Terry, you have styled the hutch beautifully. I can't believe you got all those pieces at GW, wonderful finds!

Jody Tolsma said...

I love Goodwill too! Its so exciting when you find a treasure. I love yours and how you styled them!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! What a lovely collection. Your hutch is beautiful. Wish my Good Will had such pretty items. I find something occasionally that is a treasure, but not too often.

Unknown said...

Me again.....I'm your newest follower. Come over for a visit.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Amazing! I hardly ever find anything at Goodwill, wish I could shop at yours! Love your white-on-white hutch.

South Bay Studio said...

I really like the uncluttered look too, although you wouldn't know it if you saw my house. Kathi

Anonymous said...

Your hutch is so pretty and it looks great with you collection. I'm like you, when things start looking too cluttered I have to put some things away.

Leslie's Garden said...

Beautiful hutch and what wonderful tureens you've found! They look pretty in the hutch.

Mary @ Sea Quilts said...

You just can't beat a good ... Good Will day ...

Thanks for the peek ~
Mary @ SeaQuilts

Cindy said...

You have a beautiful collection of ironstone! I love ironstone, too. Just a suggestion. You say you struggle with the top, why not take the white coffeepots and pitchers along with the silver container there and arrange them up there. If they are large enough pieces, that is.
I hope you don't mind my bit of advise. But the colors just don't look right up there with all of the gorgeous white going on in the hutch, imho, anyways.
Hugs, Cindy

Christy said...

What amazing finds! I really must go to the GW more often! I agree with the other commenters - the top should be more neutral with white and maybe silver and or wicker. just a suggestion.
I love the ducks - I collected them when I was young!

very merry vintage style said...

Cute hutch; love all your thrifted goodies!
Mary

Maria Elena said...

Beautiful finds! Love your hutch!

memakingdo said...

I love your finds and how you arranged them! Congratulations this was one of the top viewed links at So Very Creative

Memories for Life said...

I love the look of all the white on white...very timeless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails