Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Reclaiming Our Spare Bedroom

This weekend, Crystal and Macie were here and I've been starting to set up a bedroom specially for Macie and with the thought of lots more grandkids....


And she spent lots of time squealing when the cats came around...
Charlie decided to come out of hiding and entertained Macie.

And I took her on a tour of my craft room and let her know that when she gets a little older, we'll be spending lots of time in here, crafting.
Right now, everything goes in her mouth but it won't be long until our weekends are spent in this room!


And this is the room that Macie slept in...formerly our sons room but he's 25 years old and has his own home...slowing it's become the room to put things that have no specific place to go...


With all this clutter, poor Macie didn't sleep too well here,
so this afternoon - we got busy and started clearing things out
and adding some of our latest thrifty finds


While I wanted to decorate the room with owls, I couldn't pass on this toybox.....
brand new and still in the box.....


This Dora doll is just about the same size as Macie - she wasn't sure what to think of her
but I'm sure she'll be dragging her around very soon...
we also got this beanbag chair....


and this adorable stepping stool....

I might end up painting the toybox and step stool but for now they are super cute...
Best of all, is what we paid for them - NOTHING!

My exhusband has a storage unit and the person who owned these things, didn't pay for storage and her things were confiscated.

If you know someone who has storage units, you just might want to let them know
if you're looking for something specific.

But for now, the bedroom for Macie is cleared out and coming together
and I'll be working on it some more next weekend as I have
several spray painting projects that need to get done.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linking to these parties

7 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

So fun! Chantel (she is 13 now) used to love Dora the Explorer. I can still remember watching the show and all of us answering her questions. Fun times. The room is looking adorable and she'll love coming to Grandma's!

Grammy Goodwill said...

Your granddaughter will love her room, I'm sure. What I love is that first picture of the cat and your sweetie looking at each other. That's the best picture!

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

Oh, how fun to decorate for a little girl! She is going to love it! -Marci

mrsben said...

Your son's room resembles my son's, who left home a number of years ago .... presently it is a catch-all but that is all about to change with proposed upgrades. :)

Your granddaughter is adorable and what fun you will have sharing your craft room and she is going to love her own space when she visits Grandma. Enjoy her as they grow up so quickly. -Brenda-

sweet violets said...

I have one of those bedrooms too!!!! It is a catchall and a mess....yours will be very sweet for that little girl and love the cat staying out of harm's way!!!

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

I just had to click on your post when I seen the title. We have one of those rooms, except I call it the "Stash and Dash" room. It has become such a catch-all, when ever someone doesn't know what to do with something, that is the room it ends up in. Run in~stash it and Run out. I really need to get it that room and clean it out.
Your grand-daughter is adorable!! She will love the room when you finish it.

Lori said...

Precious the baby and kitty photo! Can I ask is that a pink milk glass pineapple I spotted? Is it vintage? I collect both pink and white nad never seen these pieces. Thanks, Lori

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails