Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Kitchen - Day Two

Day two in our project of painting the kitchen cabinets..today was the day we primed, painted, glazed and sealed the cabinets inside the house.


DH rigged up this exhaust system for the paint fumes...it might not have looked so great but there weren't any fumes or paint dust in the house...


Here's a glimpse of the paint products we used...we did end up getting another paint deglosser.


And the famous HVLP (high volumn low pressure) paint sprayer..



and DH's pride and joy - his air compresser (60 gallons).


DH just started to spray on the primer..

And more priming...


I'm really loving the applique that I picked out as a last minute addition...I think it cost $4...pretty cheap!


And more priming...


And now the laquer is being sprayed on....the crown molding looks like it's always been there!


A bigger look at the cabinets...


Here's my applique - can you tell I'm loving this...

Tomorrow I'll post day three, which we spent painting the cabinet doors...

And I'm also working on another project or maybe I should say projects within the kitchen.
I found this great blog to help me...

Check it out and let me know if you love this site!

I'm linking to:
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/MakingSumo Sweet Stuff Keeping It SimpleBWS tips buttonAll Thingz Related

15 comments:

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Wow! What a big job and it looks like it's going great. We are building a house and have decided on a white kitchen too. Makes the space so light and airy feeling. Can't wait to see yours finished!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

That is a big project !! Looking forward to seeing the finished cabinets. I want mine painted, but not sure it is a job I want to take on.
have a great week.

Marti said...

It looks great, your dh is very professional. The prep work is a pain, isn't it? Love your exhaust fan. Can't wait to see it finished.

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

Looking great so far...like Marti wrote, can't wait to the it finished.

Jeralee said...

I love the applique' ! may have to 'borrow' that idea when I do my own cabinets. LOL

They are going to look great. I love that your hubby is fully embracing this project. Mine wouldn't touch it if I asked. LOL

La said...

I'm exhausted just watching. I'm sure it will be fabulous when you are finished.

I will be watching!

Heaven's Walk said...

Wow - what a transformation! How I would LUV to have my cabinets painted white - complete with appliques! Can hardly wait to see the finished room! Lucky you!

xoxo laurie@heavenswalk

dee dee said...

Wow,
Your kitchen is taking on an excellent re-do! I love the white!
Dee Dee

Michelle@ A Full Cottage said...

Wow they look great!
:) Michelle

Janet said...

I think my kitchen remodel wouldn't have taken two months if we had just taped off everything and sprayed indoors. I did spray the cabinet doors. I did it in the winter and of course we had a month straight in NC where it never got over 40, so it delayed my spraying. I love how its going. I love his painters suit. Did you tape off the whole ceiling? Why type of Gravity Feed Gun is that, how is the overspray? I have a much smaller compresser.

Can't wait to see it finished Great Job!

trish said...

Beautiful! You are off to a great start!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Oh my gosh! They are turning out wonderful! Those appliques are AMAZING! Can't wait to see the final product! :)

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

Thanks so much for stopping by so I could come and check out your adorable blog! Your kitchen is coming along fabulously, and I absolutely LOVE the appliques on your drawers! Thanks again! New follower :)

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

It's looking good, can't wait to see the finished product!

KimMalk said...

I'm enjoying your day-by-day progress reports.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails