Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Recycling a Tattered Quilt - part 2

In June, I showed you what I did with a beautiful yet tattered quilt...


The plan was that these pillows were going to be put outside...but I decided I wanted them on our bed...


and besides that, I wanted to see them everyday..
we don't spend much time outside this time of year..
it's either humid or the bugs are so bad..

After making these two pillows there was quite a bit of quilt left over so I made another pillow for our living room.. our living room is slowly being redone..


The dark oak furniture and trim will be going cottage style..
hopefully in the next month or so we'll begin tackling this project..
But for now, let me show you my latest pillow...

This project was virtually free...
I used muslin that I had on hand that I actually bought months ago for a project that I never did..
The stuffing came from an pillow that was outside last year that got faded from being in the sun..
and my tattered quilt..


And my final project...does this say cottage or what?


This turned out to be such a easy project..


I have a couple other ideas on how to use more of this quilt,
but if you know of something a
"wanna be sewer"
can do, please let me know..

I'm linking to these parties...


Also come on over and link up at my party, going on here.....
and I adore pinterest, don't you?

25 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

I absolutely love this pillow. What a cute idea! :D

Mandy Jean said...

Such a great idea! Love the pillow!

Mandy
http://a37s42.blogspot.com/

Eileen @ CottageBeachHouse said...

I Love the pillows. What a great way to use up an old quilt. They look adorable

Restore and Renew said...

What a great way to use old quilts!
I am a new follower.

Maggie Lamarre said...

Absolutely awesome way of using the quilt.
I'm inviting you to add this to our linking party at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
Have a great weekend,
Maggie

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Oh my goodness, how adorable! I'm so inspired. Someone get me an old, tattered quilt . . . quick!

Warmly, Michelle

Anonymous said...

The first pillows were nice, but I really like the unusual interest that this pillow has. It will look great in your new cottage room! Love your blog, so I'm about to follow once I submit this comment.

Miss Char said...

Love this look, what a wonderful way to recycle quilt pieces. Thanks for sharing.

Grammy Goodwill said...

Those pillows are beautiful. I recently - like last week - gave a friend an old quilt because I couldn't make anything with it. You did a great job.

Dawn said...

Wow, I really like what you did. It looks adorable right where you put it too. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes

Cindy said...

What a great idea, to make a pillows out of a tattered quilt. I think a runner on the table made out of that would be gorgeous. Or you could make one for your coffee table in the living room, or a small square (2x2 or 3x3) piece on the kitchen table. There are so many things that you can do with extra bits of fabric! I made a banner out of bits of fabric, it turned out rather nice, I think.
Hope these suggestions helped.
Hugs, Cindy

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is a wonderful quilt project! I especially like the flower pillow! You're right! COTTAGE!

Julie said...

I really love your pillow!!

Screaming Sardine said...

That's gorgeous! I love all the quilted pillows you've shown here. Beautiful. Makes me want to whip some up.

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

breakmydreams said...

The pillows are really cute :)

Simply Bungalow said...

Adorable pillows. I adore vintage quilts what a great idea!
~Heidi

Mariel@ www.sexymodeststyle.com said...

i love your pillows... has that eye catching touch.


Come link this up at my woot woot wednesdays!
www.tootsiewootsieboutique.blogspot.com

Lora said...

just love them!!

Unknown said...

I am in love with the quilt pillows. Thanx for sharing...have some old cutter quilts just waiting for me to get creative! Tiffany

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Beautiful! What a great way to save a quilt!

Lisa said...

These are gorgeous! I'm so in love with them! Great way to reuse a quilt and keep a memory alive!

Becca Ross said...

Wow! These pillows are beautiful! I'd love it if you'd stop by my blog and link this to my Home and Family Friday linky party!

Becca
becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

These pillows turned out beautiful!
Thank you so much for linking it up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!! I would love it if you joined me again tomorrow! :)
xoxo,
Vanessa

Nita Stacy said...

Oh..my those pillows are soo cute. Especially the last one with the big quilted flower. I think it's darling! Thanks so much for linking up at Mod Mix Monday!

Kate Johnson said...

When considering replacement cabinets for your home, think about using wood. They are durable and stand up very well to daily use. Some of the more common woods for cabinetry include maple, cherry and oak. These types of wood are easily stained, it is simple to re-stain them as well. Bathroom Furniture UK

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails