Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Food Friday - Pizza Burgers


It's Foodie Friday and and I'd like to share one of my family favorite recipes.

When my daughter was getting married, her wonderful future mother-in-law gave her a recipe book that needed to be passed around so everyone could add their favorite recipes and have it in their handwritten. This was one that I added to her book and I hope you like as much as we do.


Pizza Burgers

1# hamburger
1 can tomatoes (half drained)
1 T worchestershire sauce
1/4 c ketchup
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t chili powder
1 chicken boullion cube
Hamburger buns
Velveeta cheese

Fry hamburger with some diced onion. Drain grease and add remaining ingredients. (Make sure to get boullion cube broke up and mixed in good.) Heat until warm and thicken with flour as desired.

Open hamburger buns on cookie sheet and top with meat mixture and add a slice of velveeta cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Be sure to stop by and check out the other great recipes at
Designs by Gollum.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

That picture looks familiar! I made these on Wednesday and had plenty of leftovers for the rest of the week! Great recipe Mom!

Joyce said...

Since Pizza is my favorite food on this earth this recipe sounds like one I would like.
Joyce

susan said...

What a wonderful and practical gift for your daughter! The best recipes are the old family favorites and how special to have them hand written!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Looks mighty tasty! Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails