Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Saving Money on Kids Toys and Clothes

I never knew my grandparents...they were elderly and passed away when I was very young...and I have no memories of spending time at their house...
And so I am determined to have my grandkids spend lots of time at our house... and have lots of fun and make memories together....

Now that Macie is getting older, it's time to start getting some toys in the house
again and spend time playing on the floor...

I've bought some toys for Macie to keep at her home but decided, I best figure out
what toys to keep here for when she visits...so we went shopping

and I love this telephone..my kids played with one similar to this one....
can't believe it costs $10...
and what little girl doesn't want to have a tea party....
$20...total $30....gets expensive getting cute and fun toys!

A wonderful friend of Crystal's told her that we should check out a used childrens clothing store....
probably a store you've heard of before...Once Upon A Child
they sell used clothing,toys, furniture, books,equipment...

I picked up two Clifford books - $1 each!

Even though Macie is a girl...everybody loves cars...and I thought this little tractor would be fun...
press the buttons and it lights up and sounds like a real tractor - $2.50
the camera was cute and looks like new...just needed a new battery...$2.50


It's been ages since I've kept up on kid toys but I loved these rubber jacks...I thought they'd be perfect for Macie to chew on and plus they snap together...
and my main reason for going to Once Upon a Child was for this little car....
we'll have lots of fun with Macie riding this around the house....$8.50...


And for all of these things I got at Once Upon A Child, I spent $18.50....


and comparing that to the $30 I spent for these toys....
I forgot to mention, I spent $10 for the telephone and they had about 5 of these
phones for $3.50 each...

I think I've found my new favorite thrift store....
if you're looking for baby gear, toys, books or clothing 
and you have a Once Upon A Child store near you, I encouraged you to stop in....

Stay tune - I'm sure to be there again very soon!
Next up in our house is to redecorate one of the spare bedrooms
into a room specifically for Macie..so fun!
Thanks for stopping by!
Don't forget about my giveaway going on here

4 comments:

Shabby Marilyn said...

Thanks for hosting! As a Grandmother, we love the memories too! I only had one Grandmother when going up and adored her!

Flooring Norfolk said...

Great posting.These toys makes me think of nostalgia, where I remember when I was a child playing with toy cars.

Valladyngirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valladyngirl said...

Hi, thank you for your great post! Is there any way you could tell me, what the rubber things are called and what brand they are? I am on a hunt for them, and can't find them anywhere :-( thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails