Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Goodwill Pray Request



Before I get into my escapade from yesterday, I'm pleased to announce my daughter who gave me the yellow sewing box, started her very own blog this week - For The Love of Yellow. Crystal has always loved yellow so I was surprised that she would let me have the sewing box. She's getting ready to move a hour-and-a-half away but we'll stil get together to be bargain shopping. I've been showing Crystal all of wonderful blogs I've found and she's going to be blogging about moving and fixing up their new home.









Now to my escapade, you might want to get a kleenex - this is heartbreaking - or at least my heart was broken....


Yesterday I had a dental procedure done that I need my DH to drive me home afterwards. I asked if we could go to Goodwill before the dentist appt and he said we could. DH stayed in the car while I went looking and I was looking as quickly as possible. Right away found a cute shabby pink tray and then a shabby white tray..wow I thought I've hit the jackpot! Then I found this cute mini platter and knew my time was running out. There was only one person working and wouldn't you know it, the first gal was buying TOO DANG MANY glasses that had to be individually wrapped.

By this time, I'm getting worried that my time is running out and here comes DH to say we have to go now - five minutes to my appointment. CRAP!

I sadly put my treasures on a shelf and walked out looking back at them. I begged DH to go back after my appt and get my things and he said he thought I had a problem...WHATEVER..I did chuckle because I don't spend that much money and I could be spending so much more money if I headed to the mall. I've been dreaming of my finds from yesterday but the dentist ordered rest for today. I'm that thinking tomorrow morning that I'm going to head back to Goodwill to see if they're still there. What's the chance of that? I seriously doubt they'll be there but DH is fairly confident that they'll right where I sit them down.

Have you ever had to leave something due to time constraints?

5 comments:

Diane said...

That stinks! I'm so sorry you didn't get your treasures! I hope they are there for you when you go back! I hope all is well with your dental work as well. I tried the link to your daughter's blog, but it came up as an error- you may want to check the link. :)

Crystal said...

Oh brother!! You should have called me! I might have been able to stop there to pick up your treasures!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor thing! I'm sorry you had to leave all those sweet treasures! Hopefully they'll be there for you when you get to go back.
Your name is added to my giveaway and I'm hoping you'll come back to see me sometimes.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Neabear said...

That is a pain. I did that once for something at Ross. Went back later the same day and it was gone. Darn! It was a clearance item too.

trish said...

Were you able to find your treasures? Were they right where you left them?
I can't remember a time when I put something back due to an appointment, but there was a chair once that I absolutely fell in love with. I don't think it was ever sat on and it was floral, just what I was looking for. I had to leave it and was sad in doing so. I wish I would have gone back (it was a garage sale) that afternoon. :o) sniff....
Sincerely ~ Tricia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails