Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Altered Easter Egg Carton Swap

This cold weather sure doesn't make it seem possible that spring begins tomorrow, does it?
I have a feeling that Easter is going to be chilly! I don't know anyone who isn't ready for
spring and warmer weather.
 
Now that Easter is closing in on us, I wanted to share a swap that I recently participated in.
I like to wait to show what I made until it's been received by the recipent so it doesn't ruin the surprise, and she received it yesterday.

 
 
Not sure why I didn't take very many pictures so I'll describe it the best I can.
I wanted to paint it pink, Alyraynita loves shabby chic and this was perfect for me since
I love shabby chic too! I didn't have any pink paint so I mixed up some mauve paint with lots of white paint. Got out the hot glue gun and added layers of lace and flat back pearl trim.
 

 
 
The printable I got off my pinterest board and distressed the edges and added
several different color flowers and embellishments.
 


Inside the carton was also painted and I hot glued down some Melissa Frances paper fringe all around.
Once I had that done, it was time to add the goodies. I added a couple of plastic eggs that each had a scrapbooking goodie inside, also added some beaded trim, the "you're some kind of wonderful" stamp, and other goodies perfect for Easter.
 

 
I wished I could tell you where I got this, it might be an Etsy store.
Isn't it darling? I might try to make a few of these next year.
 

 
This is what I tucked inside the yellow Easter egg.
The felt flowers are from Michaels and the resin bunnies were from eBay.
 
 
With all the pictures I normally take, I only took four of this.
It turned out pretty cute, don't you think?
 
 
I'll also be sharing this over on my YT channel later today.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Shannon Quinn @ At Least My Nails Look Good said...

Visiting from www.rockpaperscissorscreate.blogspot.com & I absolutely LUV this! It'd make such a cute Easter decoration sitting on a table or mantle & there's so many details! Awesome job:)

Laurel Stephens said...

Love that graphic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails