Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Metamorphis Monday - Pink Vintage Box



Happy Belated Easter!

Welcome again to a Metamorphis Monday hosted by "Between Naps on the Porch."


Last week, I couldn't seeem to figure out what to do with a wood box that I found at Goodwill.


I spray painted it white, didn't like - then spray painted it pink - I like, I like

I went back to my trusty Goodwill searching for a vintage picture - the picture that Iwanted there was gone the following day. Lesson learned - take item, plan later.

Later on during the week, I headed over to Target trying to find some sort of inspiration and I came across this scrapbook paper that looks like vintage postcards and it was exactly what I was looking for.

I got my "Modge Podge" out and glued on the scrapbook paper and let it dried..didn't quite like it so I tore it off and started again.


I love this little angel sleeping (Goodwill find)..




Because I had spray painted the box - pink, it was too shiny for what I wanted. I the box to look old and worn but I didn't have any glaze and I definitely didn't want to spend any more money. I decided to use what I had on hand - Old English oil made for hiding scratches.




I did a test area in the bottom and decided it might be a tad too dark so I added some water and keep mixing it together before applying to the box.




The box turned out really nice and I plan on putting this out on our covered deck to hold flowers and magazines.


Make sure to check out "Between Naps on the Porch." to see what others have been busy with.

26 comments:

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Terry _ I love it. I can see it filled wth pink geraniums. I love the postcard scrapbook designs. Might have to check that out for myself. Thanks for sharing....Warmly, Barb

Anonymous said...

oh this would be fun sitting on your porch with old tools in them...ann

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

How beautiful!!! Great job!

Susie Q said...

How pretty. Now I have to go to Target and get some of the paper!

kelly said...

Terry! That's so cute! You have inspired me! I think I'll make a little trash can for my bathroom that is similar to this!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a brilliant makeover!! Love the postcard paper and the vinatage feel to the project.

Madame Meg said...

What a great idea! It takes some good creative vision sometimes to look at those super-practical second-hand items and imagine what they can be! You've made it SO cute!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

What a cute project!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Terri's right...its screaming geraniums...Great redo...

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

What a great re-do ....very clever.
Linda

phillips phamily said...

Very cute stuff! Love it for your porch!

Kathi said...

Love what you did with this! I just spray painted a bunch of things and they look rather plain... I just might copy your great idea and decoupage something!

akawest said...

You did a wonderful transformation! Thanks for the idea of using scratch cover.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

That did turn out cute! Thanks for playing along in my party.

Chandy said...

Such creativity! Great job!

You just covered three memes with that one! Let's see... "Met Monday", "2nd time around Tuesday", "Three or more Tuesday", "Thrifty Thursday", and Thrifty Treasures"! Ok, I was wrong, 5 memes... Love multi-purpose posts! ;-)

Niki Jolene said...

I've never modge podged anything but now I want to! Fab redo!

:)

Christina said...

Love the box. Pink was the perfect color. The postcard scrapbook paper too.

From the Old InkWell said...

Terry, this is very cute. You could use this for all sorts of things. Wouldn't it be nice to hold mail since you have the postcard paper on it?

Kammy said...

So vintage ! Love the pink !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Very creative. You did a wonderful job.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Very cute! That's adorable.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

what a cute project! turn out very pretty project..

happy VTT..

Marie Reed said...

I am a vintage postcaraholic so I ADORE this project! That is so neat that they scrapbook paper with that exact style! I wish that we had Target's here in France!

Bea said...

Wonderful results. Love the postcard idea.

Susan said...

You are so creative; I would have stopped with the pretty pink and been satisfied. Love what you've done.

LV said...

Wish I had tthe interest and want to do something like this. A little effort can do wonders.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails