Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

French Entryway on a Budget

Last weekend, DH and I continued to work on our entryway to spruce it up. I've been hitting Goodwill more than I probably should and don't usually leave empty handed.

I did get to Hobby Lobby and found this amazing clock that I've looked at many time and decided at 50% off, it was too good to pass up any longer. And because I really like the wall decals, I also picked one up at Kohl's.







Most of my wall hangings are thrift items with the exception of a couple of bird hangings. Hobby Lobby actually had three different ones and I decided to just take two of them. Three days later I decided that I wanted that third one and when I went back, they were all gone.



But I'm still very happy with how it looks and will continue to add as I find things at bargain prices.



I've been in a little slump and can't seem to kick it in gear and work on all the projects that are waiting for me.



I bought this wood box and spray painted it white, decided that I didn't like it white so I spray painted it pink. I really like the pink but I'm stuck for how to complete it - it's too blah and I can't find any scrap book paper that I like, looked for a vintage picture and can't find that..Help??



Here's my projects all neatly stacked in the living room, I also have projects in the garage and in the office... I can't get motivated...



Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

HELP!

6 comments:

bj said...

Oh, girl, I just WISH I knew something to help you get motivated..I, myself, have a room full of projects I need to get on.
I have this same clock from Hobby and just love it, too. Glad you got it...
xo bj

bj said...

Oh, and I didn't get finished...haha..
If you like monograms, one on your white box would be PRECIOUS...I am so into monograms right now...I want to do a burlap pillow with our mono. on it...

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

I just love what you did with that clock! I've been thinking about buying one for my living room. I like oversized things. I wish we had Hobby Lobby around here. Everyone seems to love that store! Everything looks great!

Kristin - The Goat said...

This is a PERFECT project to put into my blogging friends carnival Thrifty Thursday - you might get a few more suggestions on what to do with that pink painted box.

My suggestion would be to age it a bit with some glaze or dark shoe polish. It might just need to have the shine of newness knocked off.

Your entryway looks so good! I think you have done a marvelous job.

Patina said...

I just love the look of your vintage style clock with the saying underneath. What a pretty and wonderful idea!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh you sound like me. So many projects, to little time. :)

For your sweet pink box you could perhaps google "free victorian images". It will bring up a host of wonderful advertising and pretty pictures you could print out and then modge podge on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails