Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Best DIY Project of April - Redoing The Foyer

Last year, our foyer looked like this....not sure why I thought it looked pretty good...


Then at Christmas time, I took things down and never put it back together.
 

I just hung two pictures on the nails that were still there..definitely, not looking so good.


I got both of these items at Goodwill, the frame was spray painted and I added a different picture.




This is a cute sign I got at Hobby Lobby last spring.



I got (took) this sign from my daughter..


Another picture from Hobby Lobby..love the blue...



I found this shutter at Goodwill and spray painted it. I actually got this wreath at Goodwill too!


I'm starting to get the cottage look in my house


I even spray painted the mirror that's at the bottom of the steps...

I'm linking up to

 
at Beneath My Heart.


4 comments:

Amber said...

Much better. I love the way everything goes together even though nothing actuall "matches." Nice update!

Unknown said...

I love how that turned out. It is looking cottagey. Is that a word?
Anyway, looks great.
Brooke

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Terry,
That looks wonderful. YOu have done a great job displaying all of your pieces. I always have a hard time with that. I love your all of your spray painted items, and your wall does have a little cottage flair. :)
Thank you so much for linking up to my party.
blessings,
Traci

No name said...

I just love the what you did with your shutter and how you hung a wreath on it. Last year I bought a shutter for one whole dollar at a thrift store in town. It's sat in the garage waiting to be adorned in some fashion or at the very least put to use. You're idea is very cute. I may have to try that.

Blessings to you and yours,
Shanna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails