Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Blabbering Too Much?

Sometimes it's nice to share some personal information about oneself, just in case - people wonder if your real or that you have this fabulous and perfect life.
 
It's been just about one month ago that I quit my job, this is a job that I had held for almost 1 1/2 years after being displaced from a company where I worked one month shy of 12 years.
 
I don't believe in quitting but the job I left recently - was not a good fit for me. The people I worked with were amazing...and then - as my mother taught me..if you can't say something nice - keep quiet.
I ask myself why I stayed there for 1 1/2 years, besides needing a paycheck - I kept going to work
coming home frustrated...and then finally I had enough, packed up my stuff and walked out.
 
 The past month I decided that I would take care of myself - I started exercising every morning (okay, almost every morning!), not eat so much junk food but be conscious of what I was eating and also to do some clearing out the clutter in our home.
 
Even though I'm 52 years old, retirement is not an option. So not really knowing what my next step was going to be...I began networking and my hair stylist is the one who told me about my
job that I'll be starting tomorrow.
I'm excited yet nervous - will I figure out my tasks quickly, will I fit in and will I like it?
 
The hubby and I hit up Goodwill today and I found a few things.
 
 
 
It's been ages since I've found anything great at Goodwill and I so love this white ironstone platter!
It's huge and looks brand new, now I just need to figure out where I'll put it.
 

I was looking for another picnic basket to redo, and this one is also like new and liner is in perfect condition - not sure if the liner will stay or not just yet..
And for $3, I picked up these Thanksgiving Day figurines.
 

 
The Goodwill store was overflowing with Halloween things and
I had to get this scarecrow for our front porch. Most of our
Halloween and Thanksgiving Day decorations comes from Goodwill
and best thing is that it's a fraction of the price of buying it new!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful week!
 
Tomorrow I'll share my Day 2 Challenge
 
The Organised Housewife

Linking up to these parties

Thrifty Treasures


I'm a Fan of My 1929 Charmer Blog!

6 comments:

Alexandra @ In Designer Jeans said...

Thank you for sharing! I love to share and am glad other people do too :)

Unknown said...

I love this post! I can so relate! I an currently on a new job I started in January 2012 after being downsized from an aerospace corporation I was at for 12 years. Also over 50 and retirement not an option. My new job so find has bee GREAT up until last Friday! Boy what a doozy it was! Everyday I'm learning the ins and out! I'll hang in there, but have seriously considere looking for something else. Being divorced I have to work, at least 10 more years. I too love shopping at the Goodwill and usually find great items, like your platter which I love. Please visit my blog if you have time and I would love if you start following me!

Good luck on your new job!

LBDH

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Good luck with your new job tomorrow! I hope everything works out with this one. Being happy is the most important thing. Maybe it is meant to be. I am so jealous of that white platter..great find! I don't like Goodwill this time of year...because there is so much halloween and also people are coming in that usually don't. More competition for the good stuff! :)

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Good luck to you in your new adventure! You're very talented and have a lot to offer. It's hard stepping out into the unknown but much better than being unhappy. Best of luck to you! xo
Shannon

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Good luck with your new job, and congrats on your treasures from GW! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

Robyn said...

Loved your post.. How did the first day go?...and I absolutely LOVED the platter you got.. What a find!.. If you don't mind, Im going to add you to my Blogs I love on my blog because well, I love reading your blog.. Hope today went well an you will update us :)
Robyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails