Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Before and After - Our Cottagy Bedroom Furniture

Over Memorial weekend we painted our bedroom furniture..and it wasn't difficult but somewhat time consuming (especially if you want it to look nice for years to come).


The standard oak bedroom set that we've had for 15 years plus.


And the dresser that holds the TV - nothing could be put behind the TV or it might melt due to the heat of hte TV. I do store shopping bags there but it was always so messy looking...


In December we started the updating and I spray painted these shutters for a headboard. The shelf was also oak and we painted that to make a shelf. The pictures are also from Goodwill, but this was the temporary home..that is until Memorial weekend!


And here's the after, everything is so fresh and clean...


And we've banished the TV from the room....we only watch 10 minutes at the most every night...but it seems different not to have it there to turn on...


And the headboard, we painted the shelf to match the furniture and moved the pictures...

I'm linking to:


 
&
Blue Cricket - Show and Tell


We did paint the ceiling fan on Sunday but it needs a little glaze before I can show it off. And later on this week, I'll explain how we painted the furniture and the products we used.

Click here to see more pictures..


17 comments:

Cassie said...

Fabulous makeover! LOVE the quilt...is it vintage?

Where in SD are you? Swing up to JunkFest in September and say hi!

Great Blog!

Unknown said...

White is perfect for the lines of the furniture! Love it!

Elizabeth said...

Love the white! Now it'll last another 15 years before you'll need/want to change it up again! It truly does give the room a whole new look.

Suzanne said...

Love the white! Such a beautiful transformation!

Cindy said...

Your furniture looks really beautiful! You did a lovely job of it. Your headboard looks lovely, too. Very pretty room!

Stephanie@cre8tive said...

Fresh and clean is a perfect description. I love the headboard and the furniture transformation.

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Wow! I can't believe you painted that much furniture! I have to admit, I am a little lazy when it comes to projects that big! You did a fabulous job! Room looks great!

Becca said...

Hi Terry! I adore this redo and will be featuring it on BCD on June 26th! Thanks for linking!

Becca

Designer outdoor furniture said...

Nice furniture is used in this post...Bedroom furniture store

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Amazing!! I love the new fresh, look. And the shutter idea is genius.

A Southern Rose said...

Beautiful! I just got through painting my bedroom furniture too. I love it all so much better now. I just love walking into my bedroom and looking at it. That shutter headboard idea is a great one too. You did great!

Unknown said...

We have furniture very similar to this and I have been wondering what it would look like painted white. It looks fabulous! I think I might try to talk my husband into doing this ;)

Samantha G said...

I confess, I'm becoming a follower just to see the "how"! I'm dying to know how to paint furniture and have it come out beautifully, without the paint scratching off easily or staying tacky in the heat... *sigh*

Oak Bedroom Furniture said...

Such an awesome post.. Loved the colours.. Specially love the window with the colours!

Recycling Plastic Containers said...

I really like looking at and I conceive this website got some truly utilitarian stuff on it!

Photovoltaic Solar Panels

indian shopping websites said...

I really appreciate the person who has written such a wonderful blog. Your simple use of language and no frills makes the post a great read.

krishitool.com said...

Love it...Such a beautiful transformation! Keep it up...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails