Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Where to Put the Dog Leash

When DH isn't out walking Storm, the collar and leash adorn our dresser.
(Doesn't everyone put the dog collar and leash in the bedroom?)

Since we fixed up our bedroom recently, the dog collar and leash were not coming back. I went to Hobby Lobby trying to find one of those plaques with the hook so we could hang them up. My only requirement was that is should be as cheap as possible.


I ended up getting this one...looks really nice as is.


But I put a coat of gray paint over it.


I added some scrapbook paper and here it is....


I'm thinking I might go back and get some more and have a few different ones to change with the season...
Not bad for $2.40.


Already hard at work and I've hung it in the enry way.  Storm is  all excited when he saw me picking up the leash..so it looks like it's time to take him out for a walk..

I'm linking to:
sweetcharli

Get your craft on Thurs.giveaways
"                                                                                                          

4 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love the redo and new leash hook! I don't scrapbook, but do use a lot of scrapbook paper for other projects. :D
Hope you are having a great week.

Anonymous said...

When I saw your project on McLinky, you KNOW I had to hurry over. Very cute. Now, how do you train the husband to put the leash back after the walk?

Katie P said...

This is very cute!

Re: your question about the embossing materials... I would imagine they can be found at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Believe it or not we don't have either of those stores in downtown Chicago so I can't say I know though! Good luck this weekend with the embossing though, it's so much fun!!

Katie P
Food, Wine, & Mod Podge

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

What a fun idea! it turned out beautiful~

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Charli!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails