Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas At Our Home - Part One

Hi Everyone! Well the weekend is ending very quickly and I didn't get all my projects done...but mabe it's good to go back to work...need money to keep making things..and doing things...

I wanted to show you our living room, all ready for Christmas...


This year the plan was not to pull out everything that I have and it was tough..
I love my Christmas things...
I got these snowmen when I was selling for Homemakers Idea Company..
I think the company is now called Signature Homestyles...
and I was my own best customer...


Behind the snowmen is a metal Christmas tree to hold Christmas cards...


This fall I got some new curtain panels..
Target has the most pretty burlap looking panels..and so soft..
I'm also a sucker for Pier One..lots of Pier One in this house...


To me nothing says Christmas more than mercury glass...
I think a couple of years ago I got this bowl at Target and
the Christmas bulbs are from Goodwill...
again very simple...and understated...


The first thing I notice when looking at this picture is that the star on top is crooked...
we have cats who keep batting at the garland and ornaments...
and it's nearly impossible to keep everything as it needs to be..
I used a old quilt for under the tree and this spot has become the place to sleep
for our cats...


Last year, we went to Chicago in December for my youngest daughter to take a
test for school...and we stopped at Pottery Barn and I picked up
several Christmas ornaments...again..mercury glass...

When I brought home this owl..my dear hubby asked why in the world did I get an owl..
what does an owl have to do with Christmas...
to me it was white and pretty and would look perfect on my tree..
men will never understand us...ever...

Last year I won a chandelier ornament from Rondell at Something Nice and Pretty.
It's so pretty on the tree...and because we have cats..it has to be stategically placed
so that it doesn't get batted at..


The other side of the room...very important to not have much on the table
so that hubby has a place to set the remote down as well as his snacks
and electronic toys...important to keep the hubby happy.....

While I do like to less is more look...I also love a house full of Christmas decorations...


Next week I'll show you the dining room and kitchen...
and my gingerbread collection..

Wishing you a wonderful week!

If you haven't done so, please click here and link up to my weeky party going on right now.
Thanks...
Linking to these parties...

15 comments:

Noelle said...

Your home is very pretty! I love the table with the snowmen the most!! It looks wonderfully festive!

Anonymous said...

Love you sweet Snowmen!! They are so cute! Your home looks so pretty and festive- thanks for sharing

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Very nice! I love the coffee table centerpiece.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hello!!! So nice to hear from you and as I hung my chandy ornament I thought of you and wondered if you would be using yours:) It looks so pretty on the tree, joined your party too! I'll be back for more of your linky parties also.
Love your living room and your burlap curtains, I ordered PB ornaments for the grandkids this year but didn't realized they were so big.LOL

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

oh Terry -- everything is so beautiful and cheerful just like you!!! thanks for sharing all of the fun with us and those snowmen...just tooooooo cute! hugs...

Ricki Treleaven said...

Terry, you have disappeared off of my blog roll (I have lost several other folks, too). I am grabbing your button, and I am going to start going by that rather than my list.

Your living room is so cute! I love your snowmen collection, tree, coffee table, and pillows on your sofa. I love Pier 1, too. They always have the cutest things for Christmas!

xoxoxoxo,
RJ

PS Off to grab your button and put it on my sidebar!!!

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

It all looks so pretty and festive for Christmas. I didn't pull out all our decorations this year either. I didn't think I would have the energy to put it all a way.

the cape on the corner said...

such a sweet space, and i love those snowmen! i have one very similar, and i think she's gorgeous!

grant + brittany said...

i love the tray with ornaments on it idea, so cute!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so pretty! The snowmen and the fat Santa are so darn cute!! Thanks for sharing:D

Nikki Monet said...

I love your cutie pie snowmen, pink Christmas bulbs, and your festive pillows!! Great job! New follower here. Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my linky party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/12/bedazzle-me-monday-12.html

Have a great week!!

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

Your collection looks so warm and relaxing - love the snowmen on the front table. And the owl is cute - men just don't get it sometimes.
Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed your tour

A Few Pennies said...

Beautiful decor; I love those puffy snowmen!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

All your decorations are so pretty. I love the white puffy snowman, but ADORE the white owl, I so would of bought that myself. I love the simpleness (a good thing) of your decorating. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best, and for sharing your creativeness.

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

So cozy and beautiful! I love the quilt as a tree skirt. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails