Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas At Our Home - Part Two

Last week I showed you what our living room looks like this year for Christmas.


And this week, I thought I'd show you the kitchen and dining room...
the theme in this area is definitely gingerbread men...


Since I took this picture last week, I've made a few changes..
as you can see, I have a string hanging for a banner..


But since we don't have a fireplace,
I decided to hang our stockings there..


this will be Macie's first Christmas....
and I got her stocking from Snip It Up...
lots of cute stuff and I'm sure I'll be back..soon..lol..


On top of the hutch I added my favorite Subway art from Eighteen 25
as well as a gingerbread house and gingerbread man...

I can't remember where I got the gingerbread house...
either JC Penny or Kohls and the gingerbread man is from Goodwill...


Tucked into the corner is my gingerbread tree...

and would you believe that many of my cookbooks were found at Goodwill?
After I watched the movie, Julie & Julia, I found the Joy of Cooking cookbook
at Goodwill and I also found one in light blue for Crystal..
I think its a very complicated cookbook...


On the side of the pantry, I've hung my gingerbread stockings as well as
the stocking for Storm...
Storm is on a diet right now so Santa won't be leaving him anything this year..


Over the kitchen sink are my favorite curtains...Waverly Garden Room Vintage Rose..
and I hung a banner of glittered pinecones across the top..
and a gingerbread swag across the bottom layer..


We happened to be at Ace Hardware one day and I went to check
out the Christmas decorations and found these cute gingerbread men...


The gingerbread theme continues on the countertop..

I made these primitive candy canes and blogged about it here...
super easy and fit in nicely with my gingerbread theme...


One last picture...I couldn't seem to get Gilmore to move..
not sure why but our cats seem to love to nap here..

Now I need to finish up my cookie baking..
and party chex mix......

Wishing you all a fantastic week!

I'm linking up to these parties...
Metamorphis Monday
Don't forget to link up at my party going on right here...

9 comments:

Melissa said...

You have a lovely home and very festive decorations!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

you home is so incredibly wonderful !!!! thanks for sharing with us my friend!!! : ) sending holiday hugs...

Unknown said...

Beautiful home ...love the stocking for Macie and the primative candy canes!

Dawnll said...

Oh I love your rooms-love all the white pieces. I love Gingerbread theme.
I have the same waverly pattern in my Kitchen and in my bedroom-I have loved it for years.
Thanks for sharing

Bronwyn said...

I love the g-bread man theme. It's perfect for the kitchen! I love the pine cone garland across your window - festive and natural!

Blessings from Cindy said...

Everything looks so festive & Lovely! I couldn't help but notice the pic of you with your new little grand~daughter!! Sweet!! Merry Christmas, Terry!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Terry,
I love your pretty gingerbread theme. It's very lovely.

hugs
Sissie

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Pretty, Pretty. Love the primitive candy canes, so cute. I'll need to make a few. Everything looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best and happy holidays!

Moon Glow said...

Lovely home and sweet ideas,except for cat on a counter by food makes me shudder

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails