Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday Treasure - Christmas Cookies

One of the last, few things I need to do to be ready for Christmas is - baking some goodies...

The must have's are cutout cookies, gingersnaps, spritz, peanut blossoms, sandies...
Just listing these cookies, makes me so hungry...
I found these pictures from 2008 and we made a lot of cutout cookies that day...


I can't get over how different our kitchen looks now...
no more dark cabinets, countertops or curtains..
I like to use my Pampered Chef stones for making cookies..


And while I noticed that this picture is quite dark, I've kept it to remember how
many cookies we made that day...


And then we have to wait for the frosting to harden before being packed up and put in the freezer...waiting for Christmas..
But as I said, I still need to make cookies...
and an essential part of Christmas is having home made goodies...


Ashley found a recipe for fat free gingersnaps..
and this is the only recipe I use now...

 Peanut Blossom cookies are also a must have cookie in our house...


This cookie looks so yummy...mint chocolate chip cookies.
If you've ever made these, please let me know, are they as good as they look?

In my family these are called Sandies, my husband calls them Snowballs but I think another name is Russian Tea Cakes...regardless of what you call these cookies..they are delish!

Some other staples for Christmas goodies in our house are:
Chex mix, english toffee, almond covered pretzels..

Leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite Christmas cookie/goodie is.
I'm working half a day on Friday and then home to make cookies this weekend...

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking to these parties...

4 comments:

outjunking said...

I have never seen so many homemade cookies on one counter. This must be a record. They look delicious.
Lisa

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!! I love the pictures...what smiles they must give you and the cookies are looking FABULOUS!!!! thanks for sharing!!! i have to say -- i NEVER thought of chocolate chip mint cookies??? why??? thanks for the inspiration!!!! : )
sending hugs and love!

Dawnll said...

I am so excited that I am done with baking! Yea!!!
I finished all my cookies for 20 platters this year and I think I made double and triple batches of 10 types of cookies.
My favorite is a raspberry pinwheel and of course cut outs.

Unknown said...

I wish I had the time to make cookies...It seems every year I slack more and more...Thanks for linky to my "10 Days til Christmas" party!!


www.mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/
www.facebook.com/MyCrazyBeautifulLife.13
www.pinterest.com/denyse13/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails