Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2001 - I'll Never Forget That Day


The morning of Sept 11, 2001 was a day that started like everyday...
driving to work and listening to the radio and thinking what
a beautiful day it was..


Got to work and turned on my radio and heard that a plane had hit one of the Twin Towers...
I didn't even know what the Twin Towers were...
and I thought that the radio anouncer was playing a very bad joke
by reporting this...


but very soon I found out that the story was true 
and there was a fear that that White House was next...


I wasn't able to see any images until I got home that night...
driving home was different experience...
many places were closed due to bomb threats....
Once I made it home,
I still didn't feel safe...which was so scary and foreign to me..


But my family was lucky, none of us were hurt...we were all safe and alive..
and we didn't know anyone who lost their life that day..
but my thoughts never stop thinking of the people
who lost their loved ones...


So many people lost their lives that day...
innocent people just living their lives..
so many courageous people...

September, 11, 2001
It's a day I'll never forget...

1 comment:

Kim Rosema said...

Beautifully said. I still can't put my feelings into words so I am very appreciative to those that are able to and have shared.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails