Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

What Began as Downton Abbey

I orginally was going to share my latest found love, Downton Abbey.
Have you been watching this series on PBS?
 
The series takes place in the early 1900's, right after the Titanic sank.
The wealthy Crawley family live in the massive castle with three beautiful daughters each full of passion while with the servants equally add to the storyline.
 
 
 
I only recently started watching the series while Season 3 is now airing on TV.
I clicked over to Netflix and began watching Season 1, which was the only season available.
Good grief, I was not happy at all!!
 
 

bingo cards

Thankfully someone commented on Facebook about a site,  Simply June, that has each show available for free!! I, of course, clicked over and began watching the series. 

Now to the part of how this post changed, it's actually a money saving tip.

We've been long time Netflix subscribers and many times disappointed by
what is available for viewing. I also discovered that Netflix will lose the ability to show Downton Abbey in June, at that time, all Downton Abbey shows will be removed from their site not to mention, it takes forever for new releases to become available on Netflix.

I checked on Amazon Prime, which has the same concept as Netflix
and the selection is AWESOME, it's CHEAPER and new releases are available right away!

Currently the hubby and I are watching a series I never thought I would like, Breaking Bad.
It's about a family and the dad is a chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with lung cancer.
To help pay for the medical expenses, he begins to make and distribute meth.

As I said, I am so surprised that I like this show.
Are you a Netflix or Amazon viewer?
What show are you watching?

Thanks for stopping by today!
Wishing you all a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Marti said...

Oooh, thanks for the tip. We were just considering getting Netflix but I'll look at Amazon Prime instead.

I love Downton Abbey too. I watched all of Season 1 and 2 on PBS, until the very last show of Season 2. Company dropped over and I missed it. It drove me nuts until a few months ago when PBS replayed all of Season 1 & 2 before they premiered Season 3.

Have you watched Upstairs Downstairs? It's quite similar and very good.

Robyn said...

Yes we have Netflix and Amazon Prime but I didn't know you could watch shows on Amazon. I am going to have to look into this!..I've seen commercials for breaking bad but never watched it. Now that I know what it's about I think I"m going to have to check it out.. and yes I am a severe Downton groupie too! :)
Robyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails