Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Goodwill End Tables

We have the best Goodwill store here, but the secret is to be there when they open for the day...
Since I work, I can't  get there Monday-Friday but rather Saturday and Sunday.
And now that we're trying to clear out our clutter, we don't go there every weekend..

One of our best finds would be two end tables for our living room...
we paid right around $5 for each of them...
Sometimes I think Goodwill gets a little price happy and the items can cost more for used than new..
little frustrating but it happens..


This table had nothing wrong with it, other than it was wobbly.
DH got out the wrench and tightened it up and just like brand new..
While he liked the color, I knew it was destined to become a cream colored table...

This summer, after having this for over a year...it's now been updated to the cream color that matches our kitchen and dining room...love it...


This end table we just happen to get the day after we painted the coffee table and the other
furniture in our living room...for $4!
Nothing wrong with it, other than it was the oak look we were trying to get rid of...


And now it fits in perfectly with our loveseat...it was our best deal that day!!


This picture is pretty dark, but hopefully you can see that this was an end table that use to be on the end of the loveseat...


 
we moved it to another wall and turned it sideways...
and it holds my best find from eBay..
Childcraft Encyclopedias...I use to spend hours looking at
these when I was a child...
and don't you just love the rainbow of color?

More to come...next week..
Hope you're having a great week!

I'm linking to these parties

10 comments:

Megan said...

Loving your Good Will find! It's amazing what paint can do, right? :) Have a great week!

Neabear said...

Love your finds and the redo using paint looks great! Fits in with your style.

~Linnea

Artsy VaVa said...

Great finds AND great makeover! Gotta love Goodwill!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Great transformations!

Amanda said...

They look wonderful with the new coats of paint. The colours on the book spines is a lovely pop of colour!

Robin Johnson said...

It's amazing what a little paint can do. Your table now look FABULOUS!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

FABULOUS FINDS and here's to THE POWER OF PAINT!!!!!! oh it's so magical!!! thanks for sharing! hugs...andrea -- family and doxies (heaven and earth)

Liza said...

Looks great! I love the rainbow effect of those books.

happylizard.blogspot.com

Whit said...

I LOVE the white the makeover is beautiful!!!! Thank you so much sharing and for linking up to our party Show and Share this week! Come on back this Wednesday to link up your current projects.

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Chris said...

Hi Terry, I just love the tables you have refinished and you have done them in my favourite colour. I am on a cream kick at the moment and want to paint everything in sight in that colour. I found and am now following you through My Romantic Home and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails