Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Scalloped Cabbage

Last week at work, I ran out of my favorite perfume and went to Walgreens on my lunch hour to see if I could find a new perfume at a cheaper price. My favorite perfume is Beautiful by Estee Lauder and because I've been buying scrapbooking things, I thought it best to try to save money and find something a little cheaper.

Why is it that when you need a sales clerk no one is around? I ended up purchasing the imposter of Angel for around $15! I thought it smelled pretty wonderful. But, a gal at work, who has the most incredible sniffer (I use to think Jen was the best sniffer!) wrinkled her nose at my new cologne and said she had a perfume for me that she wasn't using.

Since I had never heard of it before, she brought it to work and gave it to me. She didn't want any money because she threw out the lid. The lid is really want makes the statement but I love the scent none the less.


I love this perfume and I got it for free!

So the reason for this post, she also shared with me her favorite recipe for scalloped cabbage. Yes, our conversations are very random. And I made it to DH last Saturday, I love cabbage - DH not so much but he said it was really good.
So if you love cabbage, I think you'll like this recipe.

Scalloped Cabbage

1 head of cabbage
6 T butter
3 T flour
1 c milk
1 c bread crumbs
1 c shredded cheese

Cook cabbage until tender. Drain and put in baking dish. Make white sauce with 3 T butter, flour and milk. Cook until smooth and pour over cabbage. mix 3 T melted butter with bread crumbs and sprinkle on top of cabbage. Top with shredded cheese and bake in 350 degree oven until cheese melts and crumbs are brown.

Simply delicious!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Never thought I would see a blog about perfume and scalloped cabbage in one posting. Well done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails