Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Less is More or More is More?

Over the 4th of July weekend, my project was to paint our covered deck..
And I think that weekend was the start of the hot weather that won't let up.

Clarification: our deck was power washed and doesn't ususally look this bad...

This year, I decided to add an outside area rug..
and go with the less is more approach..

Despite the fact that I was trying to keep things neutral, I couldn't help spray paint this stool that I got at Goodwill..

I covered the cushions with a sheet and pillow cases from WalMart...


and we can't forget about my project using burlap to make these patriotic covers..


Now if it could only cool down a bit, so we could sit outside and enjoy...

Do you know how hard it is to go with the less is more approach when your
a more is more kind of person??

Thanks for stopping by...keep cool!
Linking to these parties..

4 comments:

Unknown said...

looks beautiful! That heat wave was horrid!
Kim

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Looks great. Wonderful place to sit outside and relax - only if the heat would ease up though.

Sunny Simple Life said...

What a wonderful place to enjoy some outdoor time. I LOVE those burlap patriotic containers. I was on vacation I guess when you posted them so I missed them. They are great.

Sallie said...

I love your back porch. Like you the hot weather keeps me from outdoor projects. Working outside in 95+ temperatures is no fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails