Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Well La De Da - Gone!

Last night while watching the 6:00 news, I found out that the antique/shabby chic house that I absolutely love is gone! Gone as in a fire completely distroyed this wonderful home like setting with a combination of antique and shabby chic items. Ashley and I stopped by two weeks ago and looked around and I said that I should take some pictures but I said, "next time I will." "Well La De Da" was an antique business created by four women and they were about to celebrate their six year anniversary.

The antique shop resided in a couple of locations until they found this big, old house and made it their antique home. The roof and second floor collapsed from fire, and because it spread so quickly the store was a total loss.

One of the gals had just brought in the most fabulous antique bedroom set ever. She had completely re-done it. She just got it in the store and just about as fast as she got it in, it sold, but the girl put it on layaway and now it's gone!

Here's some pictures that were in a local magazine at Christmas time highlighting one of the owners home...








4 comments:

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

That is so incredibly sad. I can't imagine how the owners must feel. Devastation probably doesn't cover it. That home is gorgeous.

Crystal said...

I read that they plan to rebuild - hopefully soon!! So sad!!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Oh no! How sad!

Angie said...

That is terrible! I know they are heartbroken because you can tell they put a lot of love in that house.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails