Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Savannah Breeze anyone?

As I indicated in my last post, the books picked for the Oprah Book Club make me feel inferior when I read them. I don't get them and I find them boring and easily lose interest.

While reading many blogs, I heard about Mary Kay Andrews, an author of several books about women and thrifting. I'm intrigued by any fiction book that has thrifting in the storyline.


Right now I'm reading Savannah Breeze and it makes me want to open a (motel) inn and fill each room with my thrifting finds. If you haven't read this book, you simply must - especially if you love thrifting and romance...

I should be doing laundry or cleaning but I plan on reading until it's bedtime...

The cover on the book says this is a sequel to Savannah Blues and Hissy Fit. I've got them requested through the public library. Doesn't sound like I'm going to have anytime for thrifting, this book is GOOD! Could DH's prayer's be answered? Prob not!

I'm sure glad I have this book, Obama is on - boring! I'll leave it at that.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Library book? Sounds like a good book! I might have to read that next!

Anonymous said...

Hey Terry, it's Jen! Thanks for the reading suggestion, I'll have to check it out. I've been doing lots of quilting-2 nieces graduating in May. Take care
Jen

Anonymous said...

Terry,

She has a new book called "The Fixer Upper". You will love it! I read it really fast and now I have to wait a year for her to write another one.

Hugs,
Gretchen

Neabear said...

Sounds like a fun author. I may have to take you up on your suggestion for a fun book to read. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails