Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Placemat to Pillow



When my oldest daughter was in grade school, I was her Girl Scout leader and one of our projects was to make sit upons. We used a vinyl tablecloth and stuffed them with newspapers and stitched around the edges with yarn and had the neatest sit upons for camping. Back then we didn't even realize we were being green, we were just being frugal.

I decided to play on that same idea and take a couple of placemats and opened one edge and stuffed it with lots of plastic grocery bags. And then because I have trouble sewing on a button, I used the iron on fusible web and iron the edge shut.

Here's the placemat before....


And here's the placemats, now as pillows for our covered deck....


Pretty cute huh?

Be sure to check out all the other DIY's on A Soft Place to Land.

6 comments:

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

These pillows turned out so cute!

Amy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

They look great! I have made pillows from placemats before.
Glenda

Nicole A. said...

Love it! I love this fabric! I have it in a tablecloth, it's so pretty and I need to do something like this with it! Love the idea of placemats into pillows! Lovely!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Cute!

~ Sarah

Nardeeisms said...

Cuter than cute!

Neabear said...

Now that is a great idea! I noticed you changed your header picture. Love it! It is really cute!

Must be supper time.
Word verification? Supper!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails