Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Skeleton Leaf Flowers

 I saw a video on You Tube on how to turn skeleton leaves into flowers and I just had to try to make some myself. What a clever idea to take a leaf and turn it into something so pretty.

Let me show you how I did it..


I got the skeleton leaves from Simply Paveena...100 leaves for $2.95...I got the small and
big and will probably go back and buy the large size...


Gently fold them in half the long way and cut the middle stem off...keep the two pieces together...


Then accordian fold it and manipulate to get the shape you want...
it gets easier the more you make....


Add some hot glue to the bottom and gently squeeze to bring the end to a point...
after the glue dries, you'll want to cut off the point..be careful not to cut too much off
as you want it to keep the shape...
then start gluing onto a small circle of paper....


I glimmer misted my first flower Strawberry Shortcake...love the texture of this...
this one was made with a combination of 5 large and 5 small leaves...


As I made more I started using more large leaves to get more ruffles...


The color of this glimmer mist is mustard yellow but it turned out to look more green than yellow...
the flowers are 2" and this size is perfect for cards or layouts...



I also made a blue one....love the shimmer....

Then I decided to try to make one for Valentines season...this is the natural color
and I added a heart brad...

Fun and easy....and who would believe these were made from skeleton leaves?

I'm linky to these parties

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails