Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 8 - Craft Room Desk - Organizing Challenge

The Organised Housewife

The challenge for day eight  was to clean either a kids toy room, craft room, spare room or the family room. As many of you know, part of the fun in crafting is buying craft supplies and it doesn't take long before things begin to overflow.

I picked the office desk as a place that I wanted to organize and clean for this challenge.


I keep the laptop in the craft room the majority of the time. While the workspace was okay, I wanted to put together some binders for easy referencing. Computers are great for information but sometimes I like to refer to paper and not go through the bother of logging on the computer.
But as you can see, there wasn't much room for anything more.


I made a few trips to Staples to make my organizing workspace work better.


This organizer is from the Martha Stewart Home Office line.
I've got room for paper,stapler, calculator, notebooks, binders, lotion, chapstick,
tape measure and more.
There's so much being held in this space now.


I even organized the drawer with 2 plastic organizers from Target.
Everything has a place and makes it easy to find items when needed.


We can't have a workspace without having something special nearby.
My youngest daughter bought this cute kimmidoll for me for Mothers Day.


I'm not sure where this binder came from, if it was one of my kids or if I got it at a yard sale but it holds all the print outs from 20 Days To Organise and Clean Your Home Challenge as well as some other organizing tips I found off Pinterest.





 
This is one printout I need to spend some time reviewing. 

 
I'll show you in another post how I organized our file cabinet using this printout.


I used these printouts each time I reorganized a space and it made the job easier to decide where it should go - one of the four, none of that well I might need it..it was one of the four options.

If you'd like to get any of the 20 Days Challenge printout, click here

Tomorrow I'll show you my Day 9 and 10 projects!
Linking to these parties
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Oh, how fabulous! Thanks for the tidbits of info. I was just thinking I need to go through all the household folders and decide what needed to be kept. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Boogieboard. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-19.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails