Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Today's Thrifty Treasures & Metamporphis Monday


On our trip to Idaho last week, we stopped at at thrift store and I found this cute quilt, the price was right and I grabbed it. I didn't realize it but there are crocheted flowers and detail work on it - I love it!










Because we're back home today, it's our weekly trip to the Goodwill Store that I love! I found some great items and was pleased with my finds.

Ths large wicker basket to put in the laundry room, $2.


Creative memories white ceramic holder - I bought one for Crystal to keep her wedding mementos stored - her's cost $25 - this one cost $4!


This cute stool, the top is faded but it doesn't matter to me - I plan on collecting stools to stack in my office - so far I have two stools... $2 for this one!




Now it's time for my Metamorphis part - I got this plate rack at Goodwill awhile back and DH hung it up and I filled it with more Goodwill finds!


I guess I'm on the bandwagon - I saw this large fork and spoon and knew immediately that I would give it new life with white spray paint.


Here it is after!

And all of it together...




Stop by Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for more Today's Thrify Treasures and Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for more Metamorphis Monday and before and afters.


22 comments:

ChesterAndDonkey said...

That quilt is awesome - very pretty! And your utensils look great painted white!!

Signing Out said...

Great finds! That quilt is so pretty, and I love the plate rack. The fork and spoon look great painted white and in the room.

Jane

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

What a beautiful quilt, I know you'll enjoy it so much.

Joyce said...

I think I once owned that fork and spoon:) The quilt is lovely.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

The quilt is a real treasure and I love your fork and spoon! My mom had some of those years ago- like the updated look to them much better!

blessings
mary

Marla said...

Very nice on the metamorphisis I too found the big spoon and fork. I was glad to see them painted white, I as thinking of black and now I can't decide. Good finds at the Goodwill too. Marla

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt and love those big ole utensils white!
Be a sweetie,

shelia :)

Michelle said...

I visit our local Goodwill at least once a week and always come out with something.

Love the big wicker basket, such a nice shape. The little stool is so cute. Great idea about stacking the small stools. I just might have to steal that idea!

Beth said...

Very pretty quilt. I found an oversized spoon and fork a while back at a thrift store and painted mine black. My mom laughed and told me she used to have a set just like it when I was little :)

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Hi Terry! That quilt is beautiful!! And the crocheted detail! you are so lucky to have stumbled on such a gorgeous find.

I have a giveaway on my blog and I'd love for you to check it out :)

Pam @ This Humble House said...

I love the way you used white as your accent! It all really came together nicely. Smart to paint the fork and spoon to give them an update! I'm gonna follow your blog!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did get some great deals!

The Tattered Cottage said...

LOVE the quilt, what part of Idaho?? I go to a lot of thrift stores here and have never seen a quilt like the one you got. Love the rest of your finds. The spoon & fork look great :)
Toni

Anonymous said...

Great finds and good transformations!

Bonnie said...

Your quilt is beautiful! And I love your kitchen, do you remember what paint color you used on the walls? It's very pretty.

Sharlotte said...

Looks great! The white is so fresh and crisp. Your finds look perfect in your dining room. I love the openness and the homey colors. It's beautiful!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Terry! Thank you so much for your kind comment. The NICE feedback today has really lifted my spirits. :) You have some fabulous buys!! MY favorites are the beautiful quilt and that neat laundry basket. I need one like that. :)

Tammy said...

Love the quilt.
what a find.

tammy

joyh82 said...

Very cute, love the plates and plate rack and that spoon and fork are way cute.

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

Oh I love that quilt! A great find! I can never resist vintage quilts and linens!

Kammy said...

Hi Terry !
Your fork and spoon turned out nice, love your plate rack and other bargins too !
Kammy

Neabear said...

The quilt is awesome! I clicked on the pictures for a better look and the detail is amazing. A lot of work went into making that quilt. You are lucky to find that one. I love the look of the utensils painted white. Looks awesome in your dining room.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails