Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

What I Learned While Making a Book Page Wreath

 
Last weekend, I decided to make a book page wreath for Christmas. So when Macie got up from her nap, she helped me roll the pages. Well, not really - I was already working on it while she was napping and as soon as she woke up, crafting time was over.
 

 But she was interested in what I was doing. It's hard to get Macie to sit still for very long to get a
decent picture.
 
 
So this is what I was able to get rolled and ready to make my wreath.
 
 
I used a CD that I found without the case, my kids played this so many times when they were
in elementary school.
 
 
And I started hot gluing the rolls around the CD.
And just when I thought I had enough of these rolls, I rolled more.
 
 
For the second layer, I folder the bottom under so they were shorter and hot glued them around
the wreath until it was nice and full.
 
 
I had a great idea, or I thought so at the time...
how about making the wreath red with some glimmer mist?
That's when I noticed that the areas with tape didn't take the mist and it
stuck out really bad.
 
 
But I hung it up anyway, and it looked terrible.
My advice, don't try to change the color of the pages
and make sure the tape is on the back of the rolled paper.
 
 
From a distance it doesn't look so bad, but I knew it wasn't what I wanted.
So I took it down and torn off all the pages and started over.
 


And I am so happy that I redid it.
 
 
I'll be able to keep this wreath up even after Christmas is over.
 
 
And speaking of Christmas, five days away!
I still need to make a couple more batches of cookies.
Are you all ready for Christmas?
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
Have you liked Cherished Treasures onFacebook?
 
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year?

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I've always wanted to try an make one of these wreaths but Im just not sure how to make it.. I think yours came out beautiful! What is that you used in the center? It's so pretty..
Merry Christmas!
Robyn :)

Unknown said...

I really like the wreath without all the paint and glitter.

If you haven't stopped over to link up to the Pinterest social hope...come on over!!

http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/pinterest-party.html

Have a blessed Holiday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails