Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Little Girl Room Decorated with Thrifty Finds

 
Last week I was able to finish up decorating the spare bedroom into a room
for our granddaughter when she stays with us.


While this is the tiniest bedroom in our house, the size is perfect for grandchildren
to stay and have their own space. This room had ended up becoming a mini storage place and all too quickly it became filled with random things.
 
We even had Macie sleep in the room as you see it one weekend, the poor thing probably wondered
if we really wanted her here because the space was anything but calm.
 

 
 
First step was to clear out the room and we made one quick trip to our storage unit.
The only items that stayed - the twin bed, crib and the footstool/bench.
 
 
The shelf used to be hanging up in my craft room but I had taken it down
when I started rearranging things in there - so this was free and the starting point for me.
 

 
 
While our home is mainly cream colors, I wanted this space to be full of color.
I got the wreath from Goodwill quite awhile ago and had it in my craft room but
decided it would be a fun addition to the room when I spray painted it this yummy lilac color.
 
The Hello Kitty looks so cute leaning against it!
 


Next up for the shelf was my thrifted picnic basket that holds lots of story books.
Click here to see the before.
 


While searching Etsy, I came across this super cute owl doll
and was able to have Macie's name embrodiered on it.
Isn't it just adorable?!

 
Tucked that cute little doll up on the shelf with a cross also from Goodwill that I spraypainted.
 
 
Have you been to Hobby Lobby? They have the cutest little girl things and this cluster of frames gave the room even more color and it'll be fun to change the pictures as Macie grows.


 I brought some oak colored frames and spray painted them and added some
fun prints from Galerie Anais.
 
 
 
 
Love this owl sitting on the window sill.
 
 


One the other side of the window sill, is this flower vase and yellow owl.
I'll probably be moving this out of the room but for now I like it.
 
 
 
On the foot of the bed, I added a quilt found at Goodwill - handstitched and I think I paid $4 for it, along with the granny square afghan that I made last year.
  

I shared how I was able to save money when buying kids toys.


And the spare bedroom that use to be a mini storage room is now a cute room
all ready for Macie.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Linking to these parties.

1 comment:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

How sweet--I usually don't like owls that much..but your are adorable! The room is adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails