Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday Treasure - Ikea

This coming weekend, I'll be traveling with my daughter and granddaughter to Minneapolis and
the main shopping attraction for me will be Ikea... and if you don't know about Ikea, I thought I'd show you what draws me to their store...

First all of all, back in December of 2010, we went to Chicago and
I took a couple of quick pictures of the Ikea store...


No, I don't know these people..I waited for a few minutes and
they looked like they weren't going to leave...so don't pay any attention to them...
I was in awe of the two walls of bookcases...
how in the world would you put somethingor anything up there,
let alone get it down? But I was still very impressed!


Exactly opposite of the bookcases is the living room.
I can't even imagine having windows this long...
love the curtains an the placement of the furniture...
I love to see the various staged areas...
nothing is really over the top...
very simple and calm...
Now let me show you some more Ikea things from the internet...

Ikea Hackers is a great resource to see how people have transformed the generic Ikea products into knock off's comparable to the expensive companies...
this is one of my favorite...
Ikea price but looks like Pottery Barn..


Heidi Swapp used a 99 cent Ikea frame to make a
birthday countdown calendar...


decor8 shows so many amazing spaces using Ikea products...


Yvonne has lots of Ikea things in her crochet shop in her basement...




I found this video on You Tube and it's amazing....
love taking a small space and really using it to it's full potential...

And another reference is also Pinterest!
I'll be buying a bookcase and some baskets...
working on our family room and if all goes well
I'll be posting pictures in the next couple of weeks...
What's your take on Ikea...love it or not?

Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday!
Linking to these parties!
Don't forget about my party going on now...

5 comments:

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Have a great trip and a good time at Ikea!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I haven't been to Ikea in a couple months and my daughter and I were just discussing we need to go!

Simply Tasheena said...

Have a great trip! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Zucchinimom said...

We just got a new IKEA in our state this past year and it is where all the Christmas presents to me came from! I could seriously live at that store, haha! We usually make it a day because it's such a nice experience...we have lunch and just take our time going into all the nooks and crannies and opening up cabinets with all the latest gadgets! Have fun!!!

Christine said...

Thanks for linking up at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality linky party! :)

Christine
xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails